The Port Phillip and Westernport CMA (PPWCMA) has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to ensuring the safety of children and takes deliberate steps to:
- protect children from physical, sexual, emotional, psychological and cultural abuse, and neglect
- create a culturally safe environment for all children.
The PPWCMA endorses the Victorian Governments seven Child Safe Standards:
- Standard 1: Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- Standard 2: A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- Standard 3: A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Standard 4: Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- Standard 5: Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- Standard 6: Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Standard 7: Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children
This responsibility is understood and accepted by all PPWCMA employees and Board members.