Funded through the Victorian Government’s Landcare Program, this role provides overall leadership, coordination, and strategic advice for Landcare within the Port Phillip and Western Port region, with the objective of maintaining and increasing the capacity of Landcare groups and networks to in turn develop the capacity of private land owners to manage natural resources sustainably.
The work of the Regional Landcare Coordinator is guided by the Port Phillip and Western Port Landcare Support Plan that sets out the purpose and direction of the PPWCMA’s support of Landcare in the region.
The Regional Landcare Coordinator:
- circulates to Landcare groups and networks in the region occasional email newsletters with information on funding and learning opportunities, and other items considered to be of interest to the majority of Landcare groups;
- convenes regional information-sharing and peer problem-solving forums for the local Landcare Facilitators that support Landcare networks and groups across the region;
- convenes regional information-sharing and peer problem-solving forums for the local Landcare Network Leaders;
- coordinates the collection and reporting of regional Landcare data to assist with monitoring and evaluation of the support strategy, produce a Regional Landcare Report Card and to feed into the Victorian Landcare Report Card; and
- participates as an active member of the Victorian Landcare Team (VLT) and helps deliver the annual VLT workplan that implements statewide components of the Victorian Landcare Program Strategic Plan.
To find out more about the role of the Regional Landcare Coordinator, contact Doug Evans on 03 8781 7900.