Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
The Port Phillip and Westernport CMA (PPWCMA) has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to ensuring the safety of children and takes deliberate steps to:
- protect children from physical, sexual, emotional, psychological and cultural abuse, and neglect
- create a culturally safe environment for all children.
The PPWCMA endorses the Victorian Governments seven Child Safe Standards:
- Standard 1: Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- Standard 2: A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- Standard 3: A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Standard 4: Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- Standard 5: Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- Standard 6: Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Standard 7: Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children
This responsibility is understood and accepted by all PPWCMA employees and Board members.