Climate Ready Natural Resource Management Planning Portal Launched
4 April 2017
In a Victorian first, all ten Catchment Management Authorities (CMAs) have undertaken regional climate change adaptation planning which is now available through a one stop online portal, www.nrmclimate.vic.gov.au.
The Climate Ready Natural Resource Management Planning in Victoria portal provides a common platform to access climate change adaptation planning for natural resource management across Victoria
Over a three year period, the Port Phillip and Westernport Catchment Management Authority worked with the other Victorian CMAs to develop Climate Change Adaptation Plans or Strategies using the latest climate change projections by the CSIRO and other key research organisations across Australia.
- developed spatial tools to assess climate change vulnerability across the state
- pioneered adaptation pathways planning in the state
- undertook extensive engagement with the community and key stakeholders on climate change adaptation
- produced the most comprehensive natural resource management climate change adaptation planning to date in Victoria.
The work also provided guidance on carbon farming priorities within the regions.
The portal was funded by the Australian Government and developed by the following catchment management authorities:
- Corangamite CMA
- East Gippsland CMA
- Glenelg Hopkins CMA
- Goulburn Broken CMA
- Mallee CMA
- North Central CMA
- North East CMA
- Port Phillip and Westernport CMA
- West Gippsland CMA
- Wimmera CMA
To visit the portal go to www.nrmclimate.vic.gov.au