20 November 2016
Date(s) - 20 November 2016
1:15 pm - 5:00 pm
Holden Proving Ground
Come along to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Landcare in Victoria by joining the Port Phillip & Westernport CMA at a special event on the Bass Coast.
The afternoon will involve a guided, behind-the-scenes tour of the high-quality remnant bushland at the Holden Proving Ground in Lang Lang. This is a unique opportunity as the property is a high-security site and does not allow public access.
The Holden Proving Ground is a top-secret location for car testing, established in 1957.
Covering 880 hectares, approximately 75% of the land has been undeveloped, leaving a mixture of regenerated and undisturbed natural bushland habitat of high conservation significance.
The site is home to many species of native flora and fauna, including the Southern Brown Bandicoot and the Powerful Owl.
A showcase of the people and projects of local Landcare over the past 30 years will also be on display.
This event is being held in partnership with the Bass Coast Landcare Network and the South Gippsland Landcare Network.
BCLN AGM: The Bass Coast Landcare Network are holding their AGM at this venue just prior to the celebratory event. BCLN members who are attending the AGM need to also RSVP to Kellie Nichols (numbers will be limited) and will enter the site as a group at 12 noon and stay for the celebratory event. Those just attending the celebratory event will enter as a group at 2pm – all attendees need to provide their details through this registration process.
This is a high security site and to gain entry you will need to comply with a number of security arrangements otherwise you will be denied entry, including:
– Sign a confidentiality agreement;
– Provide your full name and declare that you are over 18 years old (No children under the age of 18 will be allowed onto the site);
– Strictly NO PHOTOGRAPHY OR VIDEO RECORDING (we will have a designated photographer at the venue and photos will be made available after the event);
– Photographic devices (including mobile phones) – you will be asked to either leave in a locked car in the carpark, surrender it to Holden security staff, or have it’s camera lenses covered by Holden security staff.
You will be asked if you will be bringing a vehicle that can carry at least 5 people, and if you are willing to drive it (with passengers) as part of a convoy tour of the site. If so you will be asked for your vehicle registration, make and model (of the vehicle that you will be driving on the day) and drivers licence number (for Holden’s security requirements);
– Be prepared to be driven as a passenger by someone else in a convoy;
– Wear closed in, sturdy footwear (no thongs, sandals, high-heels or open backed shoes);
– Be prepared to dress for the prevailing weather (i.e. rain jackets, wet-weather gear etc).
No one will be allowed to enter without completing the full security process or after 2pm.
REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL
Registrations close Monday 14th November 2016