15 September 2016
Date(s) - 15 September 2016
8:45 am - 3:00 pm
Jack McKenzie Community Centre
Come and learn how native vegetation insectariums can increase populations of beneficial insects, providing a free Integrated Pest Management (IPM) service for your property!
Speakers at the workshop will include:
- Mary Retallack – Retallack Viticulture – An introduction to using native vegetation for natural enemies
- Linda Thomson – Melbourne University – Enhancing natural enemy diversity and abundance in horticulture – an overview using vineyard examples
- Dr Ian Chivers – Native Seeds Pty Ltd – Using native grasses in horticulture inter-rows and headlands
- Amanda Garner – Australian Native Food Industry Ltd – Insectariums as bush food crops and where to find market opportunities
- Karen Thomas – Port Phillip & Westernport CMA – Setting up an insectarium on a horticulture farm – what have we learnt so far?
Catering will be provided.
To register, click here.