Congratulations to Victorian Landcare Grants 2018-19 recipients
20 July 2018
On Thursday 19 July 2018, Minister for Environment Lily D’Ambrosio announced the successful recipients of the Victorian Landcare Grants 2018-19.
Funding was provided to 363 Landcare and community environmental groups, including 143 project grants, 218 support grants and two start-up grants.
Project grants will be used to support on-ground works and community projects including weed control, pest animal control, protection of habitat, revegetation, and community education. The support and start-up grants will assist Landcare groups with insurance, incorporation and operating costs.
The Victorian Landcare Grants are helping to implement the Government’s long-term biodiversity plan – Protecting Victoria’s Environment – Biodiversity 2037.
Below is a list of all recipients from the Port Phillip and Western Port region. For the full list of successful recipients from across Victoria visit environment.vic.gov.au/grants/victorian-landcare-grants-2018-19.
- Friends of Steele Creek, Protecting Wurundjeri Culture and Country Together, $20,000
- South West Mornington Peninsula Landcare (SWaMP Landcare), Protect & Connect Stage 2 – Maxwell Road – Moonah Woodland & Tootgarook Wetlands Restoration Project, $20,000
- Balcombe Estuary Reserves Group, Mt Martha Inc (Berg Mt Martha), Grassy Woodland Restoration, Citation Hill, Mt Martha, 2018 $13,088
- Friends of Merri Creek Inc, Returning and Re-learning: bringing cultural burns and locally rare plants back to Fawkner grasslands, $19,668
- Cardinia Environment Coalition Inc, Mt Cannibal Reserve: Reducing the threat of invasive weeds in a high value flora community, $14,446
- Friends of Carrum Foreshore, Carrum Foreshore Restoration Works, $9,131
- Red Hill South Landcare Group, Red Hill South Biolink Habitat Improvement, $19,000
- Strathewen Landcare Group,Management of Invasive Weeds In the Upper Arthurs Creek Catchment, $16,500
- Main Creek Catchment Landcare Group,Bringing back Koala habitat: Restoring Macphersons Lane in Main Ridge, $15,767
- Upper Maribyrnong Catchment Group
- Bass Valley Landcare Group
- Monbulk Landcare Group
- Bass Coast Landcare Network
- Friends of Emu Bottom Wetlands Reserve Inc
- Jindivick Landcare Group Inc.
- Cannibal Creek Landcare Group Inc
- Deep Creek Landcare Group
- Olinda Creek Landcare Group Inc
- Little River Community Landcare Group
- Devilbend Landcare group
- Australian Landcare International
- Triholm Landcare Group
- Cardinia Catchment Landcare Inc
- Smiths Gully Landcare Inc
- Montrose Upper Landcare Group (MULGa)
- Bunyip Landcare Group
- McCrae Homestead Coastal Group Inc
- VIctorian Mobile Landcare Group Inc.
- Western Port Catchment Landcare Network
- Chum Creek Landcare Group
- First Friends of Dandenong Creek
- Phillip Island Landcare Group Inc
- French Island Landcare Group Inc
- Friends of Stony Creek
- Southern Ranges Environment Alliance
- Christmas Hills Landcare Group
- Bacchus Marsh Council Trench Reserve Committee of Management Inc
- Westernport Feral Alliance Inc
- Phillip Island Conservation Society Inc
- Toomuc Landcare
- Macclesfield Landcare Group
- Yarra Ranges Landcare Network
- Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network
- Mt Lyall Landcare Group
- Truganina Landcare Inc
- Hurstbridge District Landcare
- Whittlesea Landcare