Funded through the Victorian Government’s Landcare Program, the Port Phillip Phillip & Westernport CMA’s Regional Landcare Coordinator provides leadership, coordination, and strategic advice for Landcare within the Port Phillip and Western Port region.
The Regional Landcare Coordinator helps private landholders manage natural resources sustainably by assist Landcare groups and networks to strategic plan, find resources and connect to potential collaborators.
Landcare Support Plan
The work of the Regional Landcare Coordinator is guided by the PPWCMA Landcare Support Plan (PDF – 2.6MB), which sets out the purpose and direction for the PPWCMA’s support of Landcare in the region.
Activities of the Regional Landcare Coordinator
- Compiling and circulating occasional email newsletters with information on funding and learning opportunities, and other topics of interest to Landcare
- Convening regional forums for Landcare Facilitators, and Landcare Network Leaders, to share information, solve shared problems, and connect with agencies such as Melbourne Water and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Coordinating the collection and reporting of regional Landcare data to produce an annual regional Landcare report card, and support monitoring and evaluation of the PPWCMA Landcare Support Plan
- Provide advice and guidance to Landcare Groups and Networks seeking financial and other resources
- Participating as an active member of the Victorian Landcare Team (VLT) to deliver the annual VLT work plan that implements statewide components of the 2012 Victorian Landcare Program (VLP) Strategic Plan and 2016 VLP Review Action Plan
To find out more, contact the Port Phillip and Western Port region’s Regional Landcare Coordinator, Barry Kennedy, on 03 8781 7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.