National Landcare Conference Attendance Subsidy
18 July 2018
The Port Phillip and Westernport CMA, with the support of the Victorian Landcare Program, is offering 5 x $1,000 subsidies to assist Landcare and other community-based NRM group members in the region attend the National Landcare Conference and Awards in Brisbane from 10-12 October 2018. The subsidy is to help cover the cost of the registration, travel and accommodation.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a member of a Landcare group or other community-based NRM group (eg ‘Friends of’ group) in the Port Phillip and Western Port region
- Be a community volunteer (paid Landcare staff are not eligible)
- Agree to prepare and submit a short, one-page report on your participation in the conference, detailing what you learnt and would recommend implementing in the region
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Whether you or your group/network was a 2017 Victorian Landcare Awards nominee (nominees will be given priority)
- Your financial need (ie. the member would not be able to attend without the subsidy)
- Your proposal for how your experience will benefit your group and how you will share your learnings with the wider Landcare community
There are no restrictions on the number of applications from a group, but the PPWCMA is keen to support as many groups as possible and will take this into account as part of the assessment.
Applications close on Sunday 29 July 2018. Successful applicants will be notified in the first week of August.