The Port Phillip and Westernport CMA plays a key role in the coordination and administration of environmental funding within the Port Phillip and Western Port region.
Each year the PPPWCMA offers grants to Landcare groups and networks, community groups and volunteer-based organisations to support the important work they undertake in the region to protect environmental assets, address priority issues and improve the health of the region.
The PPWCMA administers the Victorian Landcare Grants Program on behalf of the Victorian Government) and monitor and evaluate the environmental impact of projects and report on their outcomes.
The Victorian and Australian governments also run a variety of environmental grants programs outside of the PPWCMA. To be informed about these, sign up to the PPWCMA monthly email update.
Victorian Landcare Grants 2019-20:
Port Phillip and Western Port region
The Victorian Landcare Grants 2019-20 provide funding to support Landcare and other environmental volunteer groups and networks undertaking on-ground works, education and capacity building projects to protect, enhance and restore our land and natural environment
Objectives of the Victorian Landcare Grants
- To fund projects that address local, regional and state land and environment priorities through delivery of:
- On-ground works
- Capacity building activities
- Community education and engagement
- To sustain Landcare and other environmental volunteer groups and networks by providing support grants, particularly for groups whose continuing existence will benefit from this support.
Type of grants
- Project grants: up to $20,000 to eligible groups and networks for on-ground works, capacity building activities, community education and engagement that protects, or improves natural assets such as native vegetation, native fauna, waterways, wetlands and soils.
- Support grants: up to $500 to eligible groups and networks for assistance with costs such as insurance, incorporation and operational needs, or meetings and events or newsletters, websites and other communication.
Applications for the Victorian Landcare Grants 2019-20 are closed and currently being assessed.
If you have any questions or require assistance please contact:
Regional Landcare Coordinator
Port Phillip & Westernport CMA
9971 6506 / 0447 821 559
Other grants programs
Melbourne Water Community Grants
Melbourne Water offer grants annually to volunteer community groups to support them to deliver waterway improvements on public land. Community groups can apply for support grants – up to $1,000 and project grants – up to $20,000.
Melbourne Water’s community grants program for 2019-20 is expected to open in September 2019.